This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

[Dev Blog] Stats and Charts!

dev blog

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

Gives you a sense of wonder...

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Server:Thor
  • Character

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:13 AM

Hey there, I figure we haven't done this for a while so I figured why not. Lets see some stats!

Lets start with unique visitors to the site:

ctAytnu.png

The line marked is the day the new site released.

Last 30 Days

Total Unique Visitors: 138,188 (Peak in one day: 9,996)

Requests: 33,877,788

Bandwidth Used (site only, not counting torrents or patcher): 11.17 TB

Traffic origins:

C5YABfy.png

Does that say... Russia???

bNCnCtS.png

Well damn, it does! Hi Russians?! When did you get here? That aside, USA remains #1 and Philippines remains a close #2. Malaysia has reclaimed their place at #3 (was #4 last time). They seem to have traded with Canada (again) who is now #4 (was #3 last time). And finally we have Russia, who came out of nowhere. Recruitment efforts on Google search are still targeting Americans and it shows as they remain #1, RO doesn't seem to be waning in popularity in the Philippines as they remain #2 with no real targeted effort from us (we mainly target the USA, and then everyone else equally, so if all countries liked RO the same, we should see equal gains based on per capita population).

So lets check on the game now...

There are 865,964 accounts (34,597 more since last time). Of those accounts, 16,534 have been active since May (422 less than last time). People have logged into RebirthRO a total of 74,872,273 times (3,517,846 more than last time). RebirthRO is now 13 years old this year.

Loki has 1,669,720 characters (61,037 more since last time) in 32,053 guilds (689 more than last time). Sniper is still the most popular class, with 83,647 (4,479 more than last time) characters (actually Novice still is, with a total of 260,500 [11,137 more than last time]). In total there are 112,563 characters that are the max level of 255 (7,350 more than last time). There are 38,594,663,675 items in players inventories and storage (727,201,118 less than last time).

Thor has 66,806 characters (23,501 more since last time) in 488 guilds (209 more than last time). Ranger is still the most popular class, with 4,802 (1,687 more than last time) characters (actually Novice still is, with a total of 18,720 [6,747 more than last time]). In total there are 2,969 characters that are the max level of 175 (1,569 more than last time). There are 124,034,286 items in players inventories and storage (41,319,021 more than last time).

This time, with last times stats to compare to, we can see some interesting things. Slightly less active accounts isn't really a concern (we did this a month off from last time, maybe I should make this a monthly thing?). What I find most interesting in all this is the growth of the 2 servers and Loki having less items. Loki remains the growth leader in both new max characters (the main metric for growth) and new characters. Based on this it appears Loki is still more popular with new people. However, Thor has effectively doubled in size and that's pretty impressive.

We see growth across the board, while active accounts are down this could be attributed to Cedi items being tradable (so those alts have less use) or any other number of things that we've done to make alts less useful. Items being down is a really interesting statistic.

76561197974791235.png gevPLNF.png jbwxQPp.png
Disclaimer: "All opinions expressed by Big Dumb Object (BDO) on this website and in the game are solely BDO's opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Rebirth B.V., the RebirthRO staff and/or any/all contributors to this game"

Remember to always take into account Hofstadter's law and the ninety-ninety rule.

"Simplicity is the next element of beautiful code. We often feel beauty in simple code. If a program is hard to understand, it cannot be considered beautiful. And when programs are obscure rather than comprehensible, the results are bugs, mistakes, and confusion." 
-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#2 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Server:Loki
  • Character

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

Good to hear our "Lupang Hinirang", The Pearl of the Orient Seas, our beloved country, The Republic of the Philippines, still has a large output on this server.

Thanks for the appreciation kind sir.

And to our brother from Mother Russia, HELLO! (i was aiming to impress you guys with yer own language but my net is terrible so, yeah...)

to join Ancy on this,

933bb428730e47998d34c0a90d8444a14cb7d44f

oh wait, so does ours :D

#3 gcq

gcq

♥ A r i d is M i n e ♥

• PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
Rep King
  • Character

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

Loki has 1,669,720 characters (61,037 more since last time) in 32,053 guilds (689 more than last time). Sniper is still the most popular class, with 83,647 (4,479 more than last time) characters (actually Novice still is, with a total of 260,500 [11,137 more than last time]). In total there are 112,563 characters that are the max level of 255 (7,350 more than last time). There are 38,594,663,675 items in players inventories and storage (727,201,118 less than last time).

Only 112.563 Characters out of 1,6m are max level ... that sounds pretty low. hah

Always be kind. Sometimes kindness is all we can give. Sometimes kindness is enough.

sigmelarid2_by_gaarachaosqueen-da9pq54.p

Szilla of O w n i n g  EX

~ Avatar by Von Sky ~

~~♥ VISIT MY SUPER DUPER ART SHOP! ♥~~

#4 666

Nothing

• PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
Good

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:47 AM

Only 112.563 Characters out of 1,6m are max level ... that sounds pretty low. hah

Leveling sucks :C! It is shorta even less if you think about the individuals who own accounts with multiple maxed level characters.

#5 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Character

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

my suggestion:-

give random rates at random days of the week. 24hrs if possible. just so people will start to level them characters.

just my two cents.

#6 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

Gives you a sense of wonder...

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:21 AM

my suggestion:-

give random rates at random days of the week. 24hrs if possible. just so people will start to level them characters.

just my two cents.

All those level 1 novices are in that number, as are all the abandoned characters that are classes people ended up not liking. The main issue is since accounts are free and we have so many slots it's kinda pointless to delete a character, even if you don't like it.

76561197974791235.png gevPLNF.png jbwxQPp.png
Disclaimer: "All opinions expressed by Big Dumb Object (BDO) on this website and in the game are solely BDO's opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Rebirth B.V., the RebirthRO staff and/or any/all contributors to this game"

Remember to always take into account Hofstadter's law and the ninety-ninety rule.

"Simplicity is the next element of beautiful code. We often feel beauty in simple code. If a program is hard to understand, it cannot be considered beautiful. And when programs are obscure rather than comprehensible, the results are bugs, mistakes, and confusion." 
-Yukihiro Matsumoto

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dev blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users