This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

Sniper revamp!

sniper traps

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Kaz

Kaz

Jap

• PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Excellent
  • Server:Loki
  • Character

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Traps being visible like now is fine as it is. 

Xero - only if it affects the single extra cell over a dead/unaccessible cell. If whatever you try to do affects the way we've trapped for all these years, don't touch it. Don't. We have less than a handful of snipers that can properly trap in competitive environments, don't make it even harder.

#22 Wizard of Seraphym

Wizard of Seraphym

And then he banged a hundred chicks and invented a salad.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Good
  • Character

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

We have less than a handful of snipers that can properly trap in competitive environments, don't make it even harder.

you know what would make it easier is if you could totally get your guildmates to read my guide  :tretard:  :tretard:  :tretard:

cDm8NUy.png?1

"Remember us as we were; an untold tale of sacrifice and bravery"

#23 Morpheus

Morpheus

True wielder of Mjolnir

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
Excellent
  • Server:Thor
  • Character

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:43 AM

So, I'll let Xero chime in since he knows the Loki meta far better than I do, and while there were maybe... a handful of castles that could've taken a huge advantage from having something like trap research level 1 (and it's 1-cell range increase), I personally think it's a worthwhile avenue to explore to provide a buff to trap-focused snipers. 

2qklb38.pnghaCELjX.png
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

Current avatar courtesy of: squaffle

[11:43:50 PM] Jew: i watched
[11:43:52 PM] Jew: mango
[11:43:54 PM] Jew: get OFF
[11:43:55 PM] Jew: so hard

Jew loves to watch men masturbate evidently.

Contact information: Forums | Email: morpheus@rebirthro.com | Skype: shockilator1

#24 Xero

Xero

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

If whatever you try to do affects the way we've trapped for all these years, don't touch it. Don't. We have less than a handful of snipers that can properly trap in competitive environments, don't make it even harder.

It exactly does this, I feel the change is quite drastic. If we could find a solution to overcome the deadcell issue in future, We can come back to this.

Quick Guide on bugs :

Make a new topic for every individual bug, with a summarized name as title |

State two things 1) how the item/skill/quest is working right now 2) how it is supposed to be working |

Post any supporting materials based on your testing and suggestions on cause of bug, if any |

Validate someone else's bugs if you do come across it by sharing your circumstances on the bug |

Links

SE Unfiled | RRO Wiki | Ratemyerver | iRO Wiki

#25 DiabolicDean

DiabolicDean

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hello, RRO Community!

I would just like to make a proposal as regards the trap system. I would like to make this clean and simple: Make the traps of Sniper class trigger only when an enemy steps on it!

There are 3 reasons why I proposed the same:

1. The ever changing play style of Rebirth RO - we cannot deny there were many improvements employed when the server went SE, and this includes the Battle Reports. Before the Battle Reports sprung into existence, WOE in Rebirthro was totally boring as compared nowadays. Today, WoE does not only include fast breaking, but also encourages every guild out there to showcase their skills when it comes to group play. It is apparent that most guilds enjoy the Battle Reports because it shows the list of people who have the highest kills and lowest deaths. Further, this not only shows how the player plays very well but it also reflects how the whole guild performs; the standing of every member reflects the performance of the whole guild! So, I strongly assert that if we could make a revamp on the traps of the Sniper class, it could make a significant difference.
2. How the traps work are obsolete! - It is obvious that the traps are like double edged sword -- it can trap an ally or an enemy. This shouldn't be the case! Due to the fact that the game style shifts from an old one to a new one, we can't help but to adjust to the current status quo. I am suggesting that the traps should only be activated when an enemy steps on it because the traps WILL PLAY A MAJOR ROLE ON HOW A GUILD STACK SHOULD BE PROTECTED, and to make GvG as well interesting and enjoyable.
Imagine a guild stack with Lord Knights in it, and the GL orders the LKs to attack the enemy. This cannot be allowed because the very same traps that are used to protect the stack will be activated by the same members whom should be protected. Quite irrational, right?
3. Let this be a change that would make GVG in RRO very interesting and fun! - of course, this shouldn't be left out, should it? As an old player, I have seen how RRO evolved from the way it was before until today. I am thankful that I am part of the RRO community! Having said that, I would like to contribute to better the game, and attract potential players to the community. smile emoticon I strongly assert that should this proposal be approved, it will encourage the players to play GvG efficiently! Of course, other players would be attracted as well to play in this server because of the GvG system!

smile emoticon
Thanks very much!
‪#‎respect‬

P.S. This could make a start! Maybe, if Loki is ready, we can also consider making the traps invisible to the enemy as well :) of course, a wouldn't be a trap would it if they are seen by the enemy! It's possible that the same would be detected by skills such as detect, sight, or ruwach (it depends on the skill description, though), and items such as box of sunlight and Maya Purple Card :)

No way man, soon we will see the entire emp room filled with alternate snipers and traps, imagine having to magnam beak all the way to the EMP. The defending guild's Range class will be able to keep their distance from you by walking away while your trapped by infinite traps. On top of that there wont be a need for players to be actively on their sniper, why? Because they do not have to trap or retrap unless their traps expires. Again this suggestion is basiclly buffing range class and killing mellee class. If you cant Remove traps and retrap fast enough you deserve to lose the castle. If your Lord knights are behind traps or high wizards vulnerable in the front lines YOU DESERVE TO LOSE THE CASTLE.

#26 Wizard of Seraphym

Wizard of Seraphym

And then he banged a hundred chicks and invented a salad.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Good
  • Character

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:27 AM

So a 1 cell increase was too strong? shame, that.

Maybe we could at least get a buff to Land Mine?  Not that it's super weak right now, but it also isn't strong enough to be that useful in WoE.  If you wanted to give something to trap-focused snipers, that might be the answer... or, at least, a concession.

cDm8NUy.png?1

"Remember us as we were; an untold tale of sacrifice and bravery"

#27 Kaz

Kaz

Jap

• PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Excellent
  • Character

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Just because you couldn't implement the dead cell thing doesn't really mean we can't discuss research trap level 1 and its issues/benefits from a wider viewpoint, but eh.

#28 De_Dean

De_Dean

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Neutral
  • Character

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:52 AM

i personally find if enemies cant see trap it gives too much power to guilds who want to hostage. a alt sniper would be much more effective all of a sudden. Some guilds even use allied slave guilds with their alt trappers just to trap a castle and ecall somewhere else. it feels underhanded imo.

+1 but...

I dont think this should be changed for now.... Server lag is so bad during woe, Imagine not being able to tell if your trapped or if its server lag.

PVP 101:

-Find a "noob

-Kill the "noob

-If you failed change character

-If you failed again call your entire guild to KOS him

-Taunt him ..l.. when Team KOS is successful

-Learned from the finest*    :tretard:  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sniper, traps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users