This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

O my Guardian Angel, is the Super Novice Class dead?

super novice equipment sets equipment sets job rant

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 para

para

eyy b0ss?

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Good
  • Server:Loki

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

So, is Super Novice a dead class?

What with all other classes being oh-so-powerful, and everybody leveling up at catacombs, I quite like the challenge that the Super Novice Class brings.

But why don't other players play it? Have there been PVP Super Novices? Has a Super Novice been used to break an Emperium? Is there a Super Novice who has killed Sealed MVPs?

I know most of you will say, "It's dead bro. Become a Star Glad. Endofstory." 

But experimentation is spice of life.

Can Super Novices take over a WoE Castle?

Please share your thoughts! [And equip sets and other guides for n00b Novices]

Kthxbai.

tumblr_mt9mnuEk1n1sr39gto1_500_zps78aec8

The rapper of this millennium, presenting Yo-Da!

ParanoiaAgent12

Paratrooper12

#2 x HolloW x

x HolloW x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Neutral
  • Character
  • Character

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

i've been playing a baby super novice 50% of the time...the other 50% is afk...<333

Currently Farming Items Below For Sale:

Large Magic Defense Potion Box(30) = 400k each

Regeneration Potion Box(5) = 500k each

Poison Bottle Box(5) = 400k each

Feel free to leave a message in my forum mail or pm me ingame, IGN: Otoke / xHollow Sinx

PS~Buying bulk would have discount.

#3 para

para

eyy b0ss?

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Good

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

i've been playing a baby super novice 50% of the time...the other 50% is afk...<333

Gosh ... Baby Super Novice *cutenessoverflowing*

ParanoiaAgent12

Paratrooper12

#4 Jackiee

Jackiee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Epic Goodie Goodie

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

If super novices had a better hit point modifier (or extended job), i'm sure more would play it, but it's a left out class cause of it. :(

xlmqhl.jpg

Signature by Ghost Chef

I bought over Jackie LTD

#5 para

para

eyy b0ss?

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Good

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

If super novices had a better hit point modifier (or extended job), i'm sure more would play it, but it's a left out class cause of it. :(

Can't they extend it by more Job Levels or something? Or Custom Equip just for Super Novices.

They have Twilight Alchemy which needs Super Novices, so I guess that's what it's most frequently used for.

ParanoiaAgent12

Paratrooper12

#6 Gab

Gab

Bittervet

• PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
I Got Friends.. Who Knew?
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

There are custom equips for Super Novices.

Having access to tons of skills makes up for the low HP. You don't need a lot of HP if you won't get hit anyways, excluding against magic class ofc.

IGN

Spoiler

-----------------------

If you have questions, please ask my idol below.

Untitled_zps5dfb67c7.png

#7 The Fake Priest

The Fake Priest

The Fake Member

• PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
I Got Friends.. Who Knew?

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

Super Novices are mainly the only classes that can do a Hybrid type of playing. There are many varieties.. Bow + Melee, Bow + Magic, Melee + Magic, Breaker, etc. In this server however, you will need to be resourceful (and creative) in order for your Super Novice to survive. Like for example, a Super Novice in WoE just can't play alone. You will have to get an alt-Paladin to follow you around in order to at least get more HP (Devotion). I do want to play Super Novice as a stand-alone character without the needs for alt though.

I've suggested numerous times that they increase the HP of Super Novice, or at least give some stuffs the Super Novice can tinker with (there are apparently a bunch of equipments that Super Novices can't equip). If this server is more about "balance" then I do hope they balance Super Novice.. after all, there are other people playing this class (including me) and I believe they are very well versed in anything.

The Fake Knight of Kritical Khaos

Personal Kafra of The Fake Priest

#8 drealar

drealar

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

This may be almost 6 months gap, but I just feel like replying :D. BTW, I'm a returning player after quitting for around 4 years.

Now my main is a melee Super Baby, after first building a Sniper that is. Well that's one of the best class to start off for easy farming right? Anyway, I mainly use my SN for hunting, farming and crafting to support my future characters, and he is now on a gator build. But my final goal is to be independent from any of the crafting sets.

I'm currently researching about the upgraded version of Angelic set since they add quite a lot of HP. 11k HP if I'm not mistaken and +10% or 35%(with baby pacifier). My next target is to equip Nobby the Novice Card for a total of +230 Flee. Like I said, my Super Baby is just for farming & crafting so I like the high flee which is useful in both melee & magic build. It looks like it will allow me to be creative with the build and also do some occasional MVPing. 100% PD is of course better, but gator set don't have any slots :(.

There are some sacrifices, particularly the 4 slots in Mid headgear. This is because I'm planning to use Fable Silk to equip higher slotted weapons such as scalpel(3), drake saber(4) & staffs. If not then I think I'll have to fall back to use hardened/crafted weapons since some them are equippable by SN (including BOWS!!) which is still great.

+80 Flee, +16 PD, +20% neutral resistance from Nobby the Novice Card

60%(10+50) Double Attack with 75% & 10 Agi with Hardened Dagger

+10 stats for 0 death counter reset by linking everytime I died

Max Bless, Agi Up, Improve Concentration, & Improve Dodge, Owl's Eye Lvl3

STR 195 + bonuses = 220

AGI 140 + bonuses = 198 (150 if want max aspd with any other dagger, VIT down to 112)

DEX 106 + bonuses = 150 (instant cast & max aspd with above agi)

INT 195 + bonuses = 220

VIT 124 + bonuses = 139

This sounds like fun melee + magic hybrid build :D but most probably sux for PVP & WOE :P

#9 o 0 K o n a y u k i 0 o

o 0 K o n a y u k i 0 o

(x.<(::::: C=(*-*u) Punching Kills

• PipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Character

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

My Super Baby is Extended ^^;

Stat Calculator

Chronos-Bullet_zpsnhtbkxt0.gif

My Characters

Spoiler

#10 Peredeth

Peredeth

Novice Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:48 AM

...I'm currently researching about the upgraded version of Angelic set ...

I loved the Angelic Upgrade set and have been using it for years. Mind however, that since the switch to the new client a few months back, a lot of the equip is bugged and will not give bonuses or in some cases only partly.

It's a fun set, but comparably underpowered when compared to some more recent gears, unless over-refined which is expensive.

My Super Baby is Extended ^^;

I am expanded as well... mind you it's a glitch, and the class itself is glitched as well ( no steel body, no novice chant, inability to go beyond 193 aspd )

I've even reported it, but I guess GMs just don't really care for the least played class on the server...

"NERF PERE" -Sal

Posted Image

"All hail Alpaca!" -Ron L. Hubbard

Main: Peredeth|Super Novice|Slayer of N00bs|Retired?

#11 Candidate

Candidate

~A Low-Life Passerby~

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Excellent
  • Character

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

I loved the Angelic Upgrade set and have been using it for years. Mind however, that since the switch to the new client a few months back, a lot of the equip is bugged and will not give bonuses or in some cases only partly.

It's a fun set, but comparably underpowered when compared to some more recent gears, unless over-refined which is expensive.

I am expanded as well... mind you it's a glitch, and the class itself is glitched as well ( no steel body, no novice chant, inability to go beyond 193 aspd )

I've even reported it, but I guess GMs just don't really care for the least played class on the server...

I reported it back then, and lux told me to tell everyone to not change to extended.

Also, he turned me back into normal SN.

I think you can ask GM to turn you back into SN, if you like to.

2ypfzut.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super novice, equipment, sets, equipment sets, job, rant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users