This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

LANCE'S CEDI PROF EQUIPMENT GUIDE

cedi prof guide cedi prof equipment

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Server:Loki
  • Character

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

2014.Dec.17 - Added Christmas Event Headgears Combo Set to Tier A Equips.

2014.Oct.10 - Edited TONS of things in this guide.

2014.Jul.27 - Added GTB to shield card option.

2014.Jul.26 - Added TONS of material in guide.
2014.Jul.04 - Posted this guide in the forums.
2014.Jun.14 - Started making this guide.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
HELLO GUYS!

It's me again. Your lovable, huggable, gullible and VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING forum member, Lance.

So I decided to make a professor just for fun and have been working with it for quite some time now. It's now at max level (thanks to Innovation xXx for the Cata invite :D) so it's time for me to build its equipment up for its sole purpose:- becoming a CEDI Prof. The goal of becoming a Cedi Prof is to be able to TANK most if not ALL of the Cedi MVPs, from those pesky Draculas up to the squid himself (other classes, like High Priests and Paladins can tank in Cedi, but only professors CAN SPAM Dispell). I've already read some stuff in the Professor Section of the Job Discussion Thread (even made a thread there) to get me started but sadly I didn't find anything in the Guides Thread. So I've decided:- IF I GET BORED I AM GOING TO MAKE A STARTER'S EQUIPMENT GUIDE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE A CEDI PROF.

Then I got bored :(

In this guide you will see what I think are the perfect gears for a Cedi Prof as well as some other gears, as suggested by other players both here in the forums and in game. So let's get started!

HOW TO MAKE AND GEAR UP A CEDI PROFESSOR:

First things first. HAVE A LEVEL 255 PROFESSOR (For a leveling guide you can search the guides thread in our forums site). Otherwise all that you will spend on it will be irrelevant. After getting it to max level, start gathering your equipment. The goal of this is to gather equips that will give your Professor 99 Hdef (or more). "WHAT IN ALL THAT IS FUMBI IS A HDEF?" you may ask. To be honest I don't know either :D. But by asking around, I found out that HDEF reduces damage by percentage and can only be acquired through equipment and accessories, while SOFT DEF reduces damage by sheer value and can be acquired through your VIT stats (thanks to LemMe and mini myu). Don't ask me to expound this because I have no clue.

I've taken the liberty to put up what I think is "THE BESTEST CEDI PROF EQUIPS EVAH!!!". I am also gonna give you other gear builds based on what I have learned during my search. Please take note that all of the equipment will give you 99 HDEF (if not at least 90+). To be more accurate (pedantic is the correct term) I will put how many HDEF each equipment will give you (colored RED). Also the price range JUST FOR FUN (colored BLUE).

Let's start with the MOST expensive.

PERFECT BUILD:
This build utilizes all your zeny and resources to give your professor the best possible gears to reach 99 HDEF, and then some.

Spoiler

THE "CAN AFFORD" BUILD:
This build is for those who have credits and zeny but can't get the ones I mentioned above.
Spoiler

"DIRT CHEAP" BUILD:
This build is for those who want to get into the Cedi Prof action but can only get their hands on SOME of the stuff mentioned above.
Spoiler

SOME OTHER GEARS TO CONSIDER:
Spoiler

This gears are all suitable for Old Cedi Tiers D to B as well as the new Cedi. Some people might think so otherwise, but I'm gonna stick to these sets because I want to.

Now for Old Cedi Tier A (there is no Tier A in New Cedi) you can either go for the same equipment mentioned above, or go for a 100+% (110% or above to be precise) water resist build. If you opted for the latter, here are some equipment that will give you 100+% water resist easy. I will also break them down according to HOW HARD (AND EXPENSIVE) THEY ARE TO GET. Let's Begin.
Spoiler

Now, You might ask:- "Now I have the gears, but how in the world do I tank with my Professor in Cedi?". Below are some general pointers and tips on what and what not to do while being the TANK in each Cedi Tiers.
Spoiler

Now, you might want some specific pointers on how to deal with specific MVPs in each specific cedi tiers. I can do that.
Spoiler

I hope you learned something from this section of the guide. Now, onwards to the next.
OH, BEFORE I MOVE FORWARD, THERE'S SOMETHING I NEED TO CLARIFY:

Spoiler

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT WHY I (AND MOST PLAYERS) BELIEVE THAT THE EQUIPMENT MENTIONED ABOVE ARE THE BEST FOR DOING CEDI:
ARMORS:-

Spoiler

ACCESSORIES:-
Spoiler

WEAPON:-
Spoiler

HEADGEARS:-
Spoiler

SHIELD :-
Spoiler

I will not be mentioning the other equipment mentioned in the guide simply because some already have explanations accompanying them. I also think the ones in this section are worth mentioning again because of their significance to the build.

At date, this guide is COMPLETE-ISH. If you want to share other equips that is great for Old and New Cedi Professors, then feel free to make a comment and I'll augment it here. For now, ENJOY!

Edited by Lance Eisengard, 17 December 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#2 N'

N'

I'm Not

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thx for guide...

#3 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Character

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Thx for guide...

imma use some of your suggestions from that post you made to my guide. might tinker with it a bit. just gonna give you a shoutout and thanks in it.

kthxbai.

NVM. you deleted it.

#4 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Character

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

ZOMG I FINALLY FINISHED IT!!

Well sort of. Anyhoo feel free to comment on this one :)

thanks to all those who helped me achieve this!!!

#5 N'

N'

I'm Not

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

imma use some of your suggestions from that post you made to my guide. might tinker with it a bit. just gonna give you a shoutout and thanks in it.

kthxbai.

NVM. you deleted it.

sorry..here i state it again...

CEDi EQ My Prof on CEDi NEW (Update)

Elu hat +10/Tenishi Ring (good if u have +8 above)
Great Old Set +7 - +10 (any refined) (except Go Ring, coz i used Vendor Clip + Osiris)
Strong shield +8 not good...better used vigi any refined with pushback orb.. + GTB Ogretooth (this is my personal used card...u guys can used alice card..its good too)
Hip Ribbon
+14 DEF Kris
Large White Wing + Mistress Card

Skill You Should Cast: Dispell/Land Protection/Volcano/Deluge/Health Convert/Soul Change/Wall of Fog/Safety Wall/Sight/Energy Coat/Magic Rod (all depend on situation)

Skill Buff Needed on You : Kaahi/Kaupe/Kaizel/Kaite (all depend on situation)

*problem when doin new cedi
- u might got stun/confius not sure, coz when i tank b2..i stay away
- u might got strip on b2 not really important if u stay far away from mvp
- u might need spam a bit yggberry/tressure berry... d2 and c2 mybe...but b2 not really

- u might be attack by pori pori not really hurt actually, its poring king damage...better to stay a bit away from MVP after sniper lock it

- oh ya!...before i forget on b2..pls Land Protect 1st before going to lure Poring King...why...Poring King will spam ton of Meteor Storm and for sure, that will knock all ur pt member...on d2,c2 depend on urs to used volcano/deluge or land protection...If do with 2 prof...Pls don't over-lap the LP (u know when this happen)...

*red text is updated one :D 29/9/2014

but still i think its better using great old set than using elu set +10 on cedi new...Just used eq i tell above...u should be good

or if ur not sure...how..

just contact me in game/mail... 

IGN : Last Blizzard

#6 Reddington

Reddington

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Good

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Best cedi prof guide   :waycool:

#7 Kawaii Min Min

Kawaii Min Min

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

lol i leveled his prof so he can make this guide :D

If this is the end of Oblivion,

Let me live each day with you...

As if it's the LAST DAY of my life.

- from an anime which title i already forgot :D

#8 i Lucifer i

i Lucifer i

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

is there any lower gear that adds hard def? except flying devil

#9 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Character

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

is there any lower gear that adds hard def? except flying devil

to be honest i stopped checking new equips and whatnots regarding this.

but as far as i know flying devil is the only lower that gives a good +10 HDEF. you can try using hip ribbon as it is a very good lower.

#10 Boli

Boli

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

Flying devil gives 8def afaik, haven't checked it in quite a while. Some other event lowers such as four leaf clover give some good hdef.

output_JEFTPf.gif

#11 i Lucifer i

i Lucifer i

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

Wow Boli u r the only Active answer bank wew

to be honest i stopped checking new equips and whatnots regarding this.

but as far as i know flying devil is the only lower that gives a good +10 HDEF. you can try using hip ribbon as it is a very good lower.

Hip ribbon has 0 hdef i think

#12 Boli

Boli

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

Wow Boli u r the only Active answer bank wew

Hip ribbon has 0 hdef i think

i guess so, I only have time for forums till around June when I have time to log in again.

output_JEFTPf.gif

#13 boobooguy

boobooguy

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Cheap lower headgears with def are Apple Headgear and Carrot Headgear

You can also opt for event items:

20EP

Fireflies

Fireworks

Candy Corn

Warm Scarf

5EP

Event Meat

Event Orange

"The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."
—Volrath

#14 Gab

Gab

Bittervet

• PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
I Got Friends.. Who Knew?
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

There's that pink scarf that gives 5hdef.

IGN

Spoiler

-----------------------

If you have questions, please ask my idol below.

Untitled_zps5dfb67c7.png

#15 Boli

Boli

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:05 AM

There's that pink scarf that gives 5hdef.

yeah, most of those event lower headgears from Halloween/ Christmas/ Independence Day/ Easter give 3-5 base def. some lower prems also give 3 or so hdef

output_JEFTPf.gif

#16 i Lucifer i

i Lucifer i

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

Cheap lower headgears with def are Apple Headgear and Carrot Headgear

You can also opt for event items:

20EP

Fireflies

Fireworks

Candy Corn

Warm Scarf

5EP

Event Meat

Event Orange

Instead of wasting 120 to 150m on Hip Ribbon its better to use the above gears to reach 99+ Hdef

#17 boobooguy

boobooguy

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Instead of wasting 120 to 150m on Hip Ribbon its better to use the above gears to reach 99+ Hdef

I used hip ribbon before. it is a great lower headgear if u already have 99 hdef. imagine u get hit by a patk for 10m damage. but since u have 99hdef, it will be reduced to 100k. with hip ribbon, it will be further reduced to 90k damage. of course this is just a hypothetical. there are other damage reductions taking place(such as the one from over-refined equip)

nowadays, i use trump card on my prof but it works kinda the same as hip ribbon for cedi.

"The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."
—Volrath

#18 Boli

Boli

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, he just needs it to tank ibpc mvps, you only need the 99hdef for em tbh, except for PH where its slave Falcons drop a 99def only tanker quite easily.

output_JEFTPf.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users