This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

NPCs at needed area

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#21 The Fake Priest

The Fake Priest

The Fake Member

• PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
I Got Friends.. Who Knew?

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

After thinking about it, the proposed NPCs are simply to be lazy. Healer, is helpful due to the fact you'd have to wait to heal normally, or use items to heal. An NPC to sell stuff you get from the missions is just being lazy as you don't want to warp to town, sell, and then come back. For that option, you can simply drop items on the ground. As for repairman, there are repair weapon scrolls available in the game and you can always just bring a blacksmith along with you. I mean, who doesn't use alts in these quests? >.> 

Strongly leading on No for this, but feel free to debate how it's not a "I don't want to walk to town and back" idea. 

As the topic starter, I fully understand your decision of saying No to this even though the topic is still open for debate and comments. It is merely a suggestion of mine. Seeing as how we can be easily walk right into Prontera Castle, I understand and i get the point now. Guild Towns are open to some (if not, most) and there's also the option of warping to Valkyrie Realm and go down onto Prontera Castle. Do what you must and what you think is best, GM. Thanks for opening the topic.

I rest my case now.

The Fake Knight of Kritical Khaos

Personal Kafra of The Fake Priest

#22 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

After thinking about it, the proposed NPCs are simply to be lazy. Healer, is helpful due to the fact you'd have to wait to heal normally, or use items to heal. An NPC to sell stuff you get from the missions is just being lazy as you don't want to warp to town, sell, and then come back. For that option, you can simply drop items on the ground. As for repairman, there are repair weapon scrolls available in the game and you can always just bring a blacksmith along with you. I mean, who doesn't use alts in these quests? >.> 

Strongly leading on No for this, but feel free to debate how it's not a "I don't want to walk to town and back" idea. 

Is Healer on the next maint list then? :D Healers at Cedi locations like Tapes, Byalan 5, and Odin Shrine 1. I can't think of anything else besides Cedi, feel free to chip in.

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP +7 Poring Ban Hammer 2012 - 2014

RIP Orc Knight Card 2012 - 2014

RIP +10 Water Armor 2013 - 2014

RIP Bash Helm 2014

RIP +9 Specbow 2013 - 2014

#23 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Is Healer on the next maint list then? :D Healers at Cedi locations like Tapes, Byalan 5, and Odin Shrine 1. I can't think of anything else besides Cedi, feel free to chip in.

bump!

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP Bash Helm 2014

#24 Alpheno Shockfall

Alpheno Shockfall

Business Associate

• PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Why not have your Priest use Heal and Prof use Soul Change? Or simply use Yggdrasil Seed/Berry? >.>

referring to CEDI.

Alpheno ShockfallRed Truffles ♫ Ancient Spell Circle

o 0 K o n a y u k i 0 o's Stat CalculatorRebirthRO Wiki ♫ Rock Paper Scissors Roulette

#25 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Why not have your Priest use Heal and Prof use Soul Change? Or simply use Yggdrasil Seed/Berry? >.>

referring to CEDI.

because...blue elephant it just makes sense.

my killer and my priestess are on the same account. and my alt priest is also on the 2nd account as my tanker. and THEN, my 3rd account is my linker, and therefore not possible to put a priest there.

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP Bash Helm 2014

#26 KeneticCrusader

KeneticCrusader

Unbanned

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
Kenetic

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Sen, please think about the convenience this will give to both new and current players.

This does not promote laziness but instead, it promotes convenience and time-saving approaches.

And it's not just about repair weapon thingy, but the armors being broken by Strong Drake too, you know.

If this suggestion gets implemented, players will be very happy. Believe me. It's going to be a win-win situation for both players and server.

Please reconsider. Thanks. :)

Spoiler

:kenetic:

#27 Alpheno Shockfall

Alpheno Shockfall

Business Associate

• PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

NO IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

The consequence of solo-ing runs is not being able to use certain classes.

You'd have to deal with it by getting a REAL party or using berries/seeds or multi-client 5 accounts.

DEAL WITH IT.

o 0 K o n a y u k i 0 o's Stat CalculatorRebirthRO Wiki ♫ Rock Paper Scissors Roulette

#28 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

NO IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

The consequence of solo-ing runs is not being able to use certain classes.

You'd have to deal with it by getting a REAL party or using berries/seeds or multi-client 5 accounts.

DEAL WITH IT.

:P

ok. then remove the healer npc at RDC too then. because.............................as you said: the consequence of solo-ing runs is to deny oneself from certain classes. by your logic, only right that way right?

come now. as far as i see it, the same logic of putting one at RDC applies to Cedi too. 

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP Bash Helm 2014

#29 KeneticCrusader

KeneticCrusader

Unbanned

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
Kenetic

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

*grabs popcorn* B)

Just bumping for my earlier suggestion of suggested NPC locations for Repairman and Tool Dealer in Prontera (RDC Area). ;)

Edited by Kenetic, 03 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Spoiler

#30 Jackiee

Jackiee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Epic Goodie Goodie

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

xlmqhl.jpg

Signature by Ghost Chef

I bought over Jackie LTD

#31 Alpheno Shockfall

Alpheno Shockfall

Business Associate

• PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

:P

ok. then remove the healer npc at RDC too then. because.............................as you said: the consequence of solo-ing runs is to deny oneself from certain classes. by your logic, only right that way right?

come now. as far as i see it, the same logic of putting one at RDC applies to Cedi too. 

No it doesn't.

Tanks in RDC vary per mission. There are even some who don't have tanks at all.

Whereas in Cedi, you're doomed if you don't have one. You're also doomed if you don't have a healer (unless if you have like 1k ygg seeds/berries).

Another thing is Odin 1 and Byalan 5 are DUNGEONS. If you want healers there then better put a healer in every dungeon and their mothers.

#32 KeneticCrusader

KeneticCrusader

Unbanned

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
Kenetic

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

Very boring. And I didn't even apply for it. I love the emoticon. :Lov:

Your sig looks desperate by the way. Go GM Acid! LOL

tumblr_inline_mvc1z9KYwK1r3b4z5.gif

Uh... Jackie? :tretard:

Another thing is Odin 1 and Byalan 5 are DUNGEONS. If you want healers there then better put a healer in every dungeon and their mothers.

ROFLMFAO :Heh:

I'm already good with the idea of putting Repairman and Tool Dealer NPC in Prontera Castle RDC Area.

It's just a bonus for me and for Cedi frequenters to have those same NPCs in Ancient Tapestry, Watery Lair, and Odin Beacon. If not, it doesn't matter that much. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

#33 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

No it doesn't.

Tanks in RDC vary per mission. There are even some who don't have tanks at all.

Whereas in Cedi, you're doomed if you don't have one. You're also doomed if you don't have a healer (unless if you have like 1k ygg seeds/berries).

everything can be solved by 1k yggs so no point bringing that up. what's on debate here is what happens after the quest, not during. im not asking for a Tool Dealer, a Repair NPC and a Healer NPC. I'm just asking for Healer. Sen said it himself that it will be useful, while already saying Repair and Tool dealer is out of the question.

now let me ask u something. will you spend one ygg just to get back to full health, then go back into your quest? Then repeat that again afterwards. Regardless of Cedi or RDC (assuming no healer at pront castle). One reason Healer NPC is in RDC because skills cant be used in castle, which is justified. Whereas you can use skills in Yuno, Odin 1 and Bya 5. Then comes the argument of, going back to towns to get repair or heals. Imagine warping back to town then walking back all the way up to Tapes, or the Tier A place or Odin 1 altar, after every round.

then what now...alts? Im sorry. Im not Pinoy and i have slow internet (512 kbps). I cant run more than 3 clients. not everyone has superb internet as you. most of my friends in game run on slow internet anyway.

then what now...friends? gosh i just have to wait for those healer friends to come online...who has been having patch probs since day 1 and/or diff time zone. 

then what now...ask random healers outside tapes? i cant rmb how many times i have been trolled by ppl at tapes, including profs who supplies tanking services who drag the mvp around while you hit them. and then take screenshots to have them denied by helpdesk later due to inconclusive evidence.

TLDR I'm not talking about what goes on during the quest. Thats what healing items (1k yggs) are for in-quest. To use them outside of quest is pointless. Putting a healer npc at tapes or in cedi dungeons is harmless but greatly benefits the player both in-quest and out of quest by saving up on limited number healing items and time. No one here asked for tool dealer or healer npc in farming dungeons or their 'mothers' like Gefenia 3..........or did I miss it?

anyway, Sen has already said no to this whole suggestion (Healer, Tool, Repair). any debate is futile. 

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP Bash Helm 2014

#34 Condom by-product.

Condom by-product.

Septic Tank

• PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

I think Healer NPCs in those areas are useful. That's it. Repairman and Tool Dealer are too much.

#35 KeneticCrusader

KeneticCrusader

Unbanned

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
Kenetic

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Healer NPCs on those sites: OK

Repairman NPC (for armor, weapon, etc.) in RDC Area: Very OK (Please reconsider.)
Tool Dealer NPC: Bonus Addition (With or without it, I'm fine. I have @storage to effectively utilize anyway.)

Spoiler

#36 Alpheno Shockfall

Alpheno Shockfall

Business Associate

• PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

1. I only have 3 accounts. latest one created LAST MONTH and contains only a single, non-trans, non-maxed class character.

2. my internet is slower than yours.

3. YES I'D USE A BERRY IF I NEED IT OUTSIDE AND DON'T WANT TO WALK. THAT'S JUST 22K ZENY ANYWAY.

Alts? The only effective use of my alt is my buff priest during WoE. Perhaps making Converters using my Prof on the same alt account, but other than that, I don't use them. I can't even count how many times I've been told to create more alt accounts so that I can solo things in-game.

AFTER THE QUEST YOU SAY? So you're saying you can't go char select, get your priestess and heal everyone? man. I'm so damn impressed with your logic.

Also, I'm not referring to them as dungeon by purpose, but dungeon by general. Placing a healer NPC on a dungeon on 2 could stimulate bias on other's players heads in regards to other dungeons that don't have these healer NPCs, and later on they'd be requesting to have healers on all dungeons.

Last thing, just because one thing is helpful doesn't mean it needs to be automatically approved and implemented. If we were to follow those terms, then there'd still be GRTs on the server and every player would get one every week, get a God Item every month, get free creds every month, get EXP manuals everyday, just because these are "helpful" to players.

Just replied for the sake of rebuttal. Not going to rebut further if ever there's a rebuttal to my rebuttal.

#37 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

u med bro? :)

PS: try char switching to heal everyone after one quest. then do that for 64 D's. then do that again for 32C's. then do that again for 16B's. then do that again for 8A's. do you know how much is 64+32+16+8? thats a lot of char log in and out. not to mention character server isnt reliable at times.

ur just mad because i called you Blue Elephant.

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP Bash Helm 2014

#38 timistee

timistee

Sarcasmholic

• PipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

can i request for warpra, healer, repairer and tool dealer near the HoA entrance too ?   :holy:

nah.. just kidding !

#39 sther

sther

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

gee, way to support timi..lol

Posted Image

My trading post shop

RIP Bash Helm 2014

#40 Condom by-product.

Condom by-product.

Septic Tank

• PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Last thing, just because one thing is helpful doesn't mean it needs to be automatically approved and implemented. If we were to follow those terms, then there'd still be GRTs on the server and every player would get one every week, get a God Item every month, get free creds every month, get EXP manuals everyday, just because these are "helpful" to players.

Geez, bit of a slippery slope there, huh? She's just saying Healers in those Cedi areas are needed. That's all. Just because you use berries outside doesn't mean others should to.