This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

MvP Rules

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Krispy

Krispy

Doughnuts That Bite

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

MvP Room (Loki)

"While most rooms offer enough space to fit multiple players, do not use a multitude of alts or friends to fill the room with non-playing characters. Controlling the room in this way makes it unfair for other people who want an equal chance at killing the MvPs and can get you punished."

as said in: http://wiki.rebirthro.com/Rules

what does it mean to "Do not use a multitude of alts or friends to fill the room with *non-playing* characters." hence, you also stated that "Controlling the room in this way makes it unfair for other people who want an equal chance at killing the MvPs"

Q: how can you control a room with alts(perse) who are non-playing or for a better term, NON-COMBATANT. Filling one room with alts to its max capacity is way obvious and will result into a ban. Now lets reverse the instances.. why does filling DIFFERENT rooms with multiple alts doesn't fall under it? In fact, you control not just one, but ALL (where you put alts that are combatant) rooms which "makes it unfair for other people who want an equal chance at killing the MvPs", not even considering the MAIN combatant of the player.

Ex: SG1 to Alpha 1, SG2 to Alpha 2, SG3 to Alpha 3, SG5 to Alpha 5, SG6 to Alpha 6, LK1 to Alpha 1(Main Combatant).

My Motion: there's a hole in the rule that allows people to put multiple alts in different rooms, that should be against the rules. and even if it is in existence, it is not clearly stated in the rule or punishments are not served.

2nd Q: So as the rule states, a player is NOT ALLOWED to drag along friends to farm with him/her in a particular room, lets say Epsilon 1? Or that you should not use friends' account to fill Epsilon 1 with non-combatant characters? Either way, it is another hole in the rule. What if I decide to tag along with friends who are in a same room, do we get punished for just playing and socializing whilst farming?

My Motion: rephrase it. or better yet, redefine the part of the rule.

ciao.

qwecqccc_zps6afd2117.jpg

Creating Krispy 255/120 | Smashing Krispy 255/120 | Parrying Krispy 255/120
Kicking Krispy 255/120 | Funny Krispy 255/120 | Helpful Krispy 255/120
Krispy Snipes 255/120 | Jumping Krispy 255/120 | Magical Krispy 255/120
Strong Krispy 255/120 | Punching Krispy 255/120 | Bashing Krispy 255/120

Tiny Krispy 255/120 | An Annoying Baby Krispy 255/120

An Annoying Baby Krispy - Main

Drop me a message! :)

#2 Luxuri

Luxuri

ಠ_ರೃ

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

The fact you just copy and pasted the exact same thing you posted in the complaints section - despite the rule stated to not do exactly that - I want to slap you |:

Otherwise, there is the rule that states we can ban you for also trying to find loop-holes in rules. Not to mention the catch-all rule, which is pretty obvious, in that we can ban anyone we see fit.

Report anyone you think are breaking the rules, and we shall investigate.

#3 Rahul

Rahul

Power Level: Over 9000!

• PipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
Epic Goodie Goodie

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

MvP Room (Loki)

"While most rooms offer enough space to fit multiple players, do not use a multitude of alts or friends to fill the room with non-playing characters. Controlling the room in this way makes it unfair for other people who want an equal chance at killing the MvPs and can get you punished."

as said in: http://wiki.rebirthro.com/Rules

what does it mean to "Do not use a multitude of alts or friends to fill the room with *non-playing* characters." hence, you also stated that "Controlling the room in this way makes it unfair for other people who want an equal chance at killing the MvPs"

Q: how can you control a room with alts(perse) who are non-playing or for a better term, NON-COMBATANT. Filling one room with alts to its max capacity is way obvious and will result into a ban. Now lets reverse the instances.. why does filling DIFFERENT rooms with multiple alts doesn't fall under it? In fact, you control not just one, but ALL (where you put alts that are combatant) rooms which "makes it unfair for other people who want an equal chance at killing the MvPs", not even considering the MAIN combatant of the player.

Ex: SG1 to Alpha 1, SG2 to Alpha 2, SG3 to Alpha 3, SG5 to Alpha 5, SG6 to Alpha 6, LK1 to Alpha 1(Main Combatant).

My Motion: there's a hole in the rule that allows people to put multiple alts in different rooms, that should be against the rules. and even if it is in existence, it is not clearly stated in the rule or punishments are not served.

2nd Q: So as the rule states, a player is NOT ALLOWED to drag along friends to farm with him/her in a particular room, lets say Epsilon 1? Or that you should not use friends' account to fill Epsilon 1 with non-combatant characters? Either way, it is another hole in the rule. What if I decide to tag along with friends who are in a same room, do we get punished for just playing and socializing whilst farming?

My Motion: rephrase it. or better yet, redefine the part of the rule.

ciao.

I know Lux has already said that it still doesn`t give the player leave to find loopholes, but I will say this anyway.

1) Even though staff will probably take action against someone reported for doing this, personally I don't have much of an issue with this.
When you do this, yes you are getting more benefit out of using multiple characters. But the rule isnt in place to stop you from benefiting. Its to make sure that other players don't have any downsides to this. In any case, as far as other players are concerned, there is only one guy in the room with them. If he is playing with alts, its not hard to take the kills from him anyway. Before the rules, there used to be a lot of alts in the same room. That probably made it impossible to farm in that room for anyone else.

Its not even close to the old issue. That said, it could possibly be an issue if you got 50+ alts at the same time in MvP rooms. But I would say its not likely gonna happen. And if it does, well they will still get punished anyway.

2) About rooms being filled with friends. Well, I don't MvP, but I do imagine, its not hard to get friends (most likely the guy will claim they are friends even though they are alts) to stay afk and farm. Like Star Glads.

Basically that rule is there, so that you cant escape the ban by claiming that they aren't your alts but friends. Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

76561198018554040.png
Rahul . . . . . . . . . . StormJuggler . . . . . . . . . . StormFighter